Terms And Conditions
Terms and Conditions use of website
Please refer to our Privacy Statement for information about how we handle personal information submitted and collected via this website. A copy of our Privacy Statement is available online for you to read and print out.
McCain owns copyright in all material that appears on this website (unless otherwise specified). All information and material included in this website (including recipes, data, photographs, images, software and logos) are protected by copyright, whether or not a copyright notice appears in respect of that material. All rights are reserved.
You are permitted to access this website and, except where expressly stated to the contrary on this website, to reproduce information contained in this website (by way of printing, downloading and distribution to other people) but only for your personal and non-commercial use.
Without our prior written permission (and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)), you are not permitted to, for commercial gain:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, transmit, display, perform or publish any part of this website (including posting to any other website); or
- reproduce any part of this website .
All trade names, trade marks, service marks, product names, service names and logos displayed on this website are either owned or used under licence by McCain. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting a licence in respect of, or any right to use, any trade mark displayed on this website without the express permission of the owner of that trade mark.
The information contained in this website is provided on an “as is” basis. While McCain makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and up to date, we make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the that information. While McCain retains the right to vary this website without notice, it does not undertake to keep the information in this website updated. McCain makes no representations as to the suitability of the information provided in this website for any particular purpose.
Subject to any implied terms which by law cannot be excluded, McCain will not be liable for any loss or damage, however caused, which is directly or indirectly suffered in connection with the use of this website or websites of entities which are hyperlinked from this website. This includes liability for breach of contract, breach of statutory duty and negligence.
McCain will not be liable to you if interference or damage to your computer occurs in connection with your use of this website (including by means of infection by a computer virus or other contamination).
This website contains links to external websites which are owned and operated by other entities. These links should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by McCain of these websites (including the information contained in or products or services offered by these websites) or the owners of these websites. McCain makes no warranties or representations about the quality, accuracy or merchantability of any information, products or services on websites linked from this website and shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any damage caused in connection with your access or use of these websites. Your use of any website to which a link is contained on this website is entirely at your own risk.
McCain ‘Pizza and AFL Superfan’ Competition
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on ‘How to Enter’ and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. The promotion period begins from the20th of September 9.00am AEST 2021 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on the 25th of September 2021. The winner will be announced on 29th September 2021 and notified by Facebook or Instagram DM, and then via email.
3. Entry is open to anyone residing in Australia. Entrants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian to enter on their behalf.
4. To enter, participants must do the following within the promotional period:
- Follow either or both of the Australian McCain Facebook or Instagram accounts
- Like the competition post, tag three friends in a comment on the post, and answer the competition prompt: “Tell us what makes you the ultimate pepperoni and footy super fan?’ in 25 words or less
5. There will be a total of 11 prizes available (each awarded to a separate winner), and the winning entries will be chosen by us based on their creativity (skill). The prizes are:
- 10 x AU$100 Woolworths vouchers to be used on McCain products. These vouchers will be sent to each winner’s nominated email address, and will be valid for use for 12 months from the announcement date. Use of the Woolworths vouchers will be subject to Woolworths standard terms and conditions; and
- 1 x Superfan pack which includes 4 x 2022 AFL Silver Memberships (valued at AU$625 each, total value $2,500), and a years’ supply of McCain Family Pizza – Pepperoni for four people (maximum of 288 pizzas in total – 72 pizzas for each of the four – valued at AU$2,016,).
6. The AFL memberships (as part of Superfan pack) will be delivered to the winner after the relevant membership details are confirmed and memberships supplied by the AFL.
7. The McCain Family Pizzas (as part of Superfan pack) may be redeemed at Woolworths stores, and the winner will be sent a Woolworths voucher(s) for this purpose. The voucher will be sent to each winner’s nominated email address, and will be valid for use for 12 months from the announcement date. Use will be subject to Woolworths standard terms and conditions. The winner must keep pizzas stored in appropriate conditions once received.
8. The total prize pool is valued at $5,516. In the event that the prizes or any part of the prizes becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide alternative prizes
9. All entries must be original and entrants must be the original creator of the content. Entries must not include copyright or any other intellectual property material belonging to any other party without providing written permission to use that material. All content must comply with relevant laws, and in particular must not contain any coarse language, nudity, violence or racial vilification.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Participants consent to the Promoter using anything submitted with their entry (eg images, names, comments etc) in any media (eg websites, brochures and other online channels) for an unlimited period without remuneration for this promotion and also promoting any products of the Promoter. To the extent any participants moral rights are infringed by the above, participants acknowledges they have provided consent.
11. In the event of the prize not being claimed within three months of the decision to pick a winner, the winning entry will be deemed not to fulfil the entry requirements. The Promoter may pick other entries to win to deliver the prize. If required, a new winner will be picked on December 29th 2021 at (2:00pm AEST) at McCain’s Head Office in Melbourne, Victoria. The winner will be notified via Instagram or Facebook.
13. Subject to clause 14 and to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered by a participant in connection with the competition (including by the winner’s use of the prizes).
14. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify or disallow any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of this promotion (including any prize or term) at any time in its sole discretion.
17. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
20. The Promoter is McCain Foods (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 96 000 629 587, Level 10-616 St Kilda Rd Melbourne, 3004, Phone number 03 9514 4600.